Signs & Symptoms of a Heart Attack
Dial 9-1-1 Fast
Signs & Symptoms of a Stroke
Of Course, You Can't Tell For Sure
Whether it's a Cold or the Flu
Until You Get a Medical Test
If these signs are present
Heart attack and stroke are life-and-death emergencies — every second counts.
If you see or have any of the listed symptoms, immediately call 9-1-1.
Not all these signs occur in every heart attack or stroke.
Other Symptoms You Should Know
* Sudden numbness or weakness of the leg
* Sudden confusion or trouble understanding
* Sudden trouble seeing in one or both eyes
* Sudden trouble walking, dizziness, loss of
balance or coordination
* Sudden severe headache with no known
* CHEST DISCOMFORT
Most heart attacks involve discomfort in the center of the chest that lasts more than a few minutes, or that goes away and comes back. It can feel like uncomfortable pressure, squeezing, fullness or pain.
* DISCOMFORT IN OTHER AREAS OF THE UPPER BODY
* SHORTNESS OF BREATH
* OTHER SIGNS: may include breaking out in a cold sweat, nausea or lightheadednes
Please excuse our clutter as we rebuild our website
We welcome your suggestions and corrections
East Side Fire District